In the scope of the 10th edition of Breaking the Surface, we organised an Innovation Tuesday, the whole day program dedicated to lectures about the creation of corporate spin-offs, on how to attract investments and tips and tricks in building international businesses. Robotics experts and entrepreneurs shared their experience in commercializing robotics-related technologies with the rest of interested participants.
Innovation Tuesday was held on 2nd of October while Breaking the Surface was held from 30th September until 7th October in Biograd na Moru, Croatia. More than 200 participants from marine robotics field and its applications - marine biology, maritime archaeology, maritime security, geology, oceanology etc. participated in BtS programs.
As part of Innovation Tuesday, lecturers from various aspects presented their experience and knowledge.
Innovation Tuesday (INNOVA) lectures:
- Yvan Petillot, Heriot-Watt University, (UK): The ORCA Hub: Offshore robotics for certification of assets
- Scott Reed, SeeByte, (UK): The evolution of smart software within maritime robotics
- Daniel M. Lofaro, George Mason University, (USA): Robots in politics and business
- Paul Oh, University of Nevada Las Vegas, (USA): Consumer robotics in the age of acceleration
- Miriam Rueda, Asociación Emerge, (Spain): Protoatlantic – A European accelerator program of the marine sector
- Marc Carreras, IQUA Robotics, (Spain): IQUA Robotics: Past, present, and future
- Iain Vincent, Planet Ocean Limited / ecoSUB Robotics Limited, (UK): Democratising the AUV: ecoSUB Robotics – from concept to commercial reality
- Enrique Gonzalez Sancho, Nido Robotics, (Spain): Entrepreneurship in marine robotics
- Marin Bek, H2O Robotics, (Croatia): Experiences in building an international business
- James Ives, XOCEAN, (Ireland): Unmanned ocean data collection
- António Sérgio Ferreira, Laboratório de Sistemas e Tecnologia Subaquática (UPorto), (Portugal): EUMarineRobots: The “Oprah” of marine robotics